The Longwood Alliance is a non-profit service organization and volunteer network. We coordinate community enhancement projects, educational programs and visioning processes for the 65,000 residents living in a dozen diverse hamlets within the 53-square mile boundary of the Longwood Central School District.
The Alliance’s core concern areas are:
- knowledge and respect of local history
- landmark preservation
- veterans appreciation
- increased civic responsibility
- community awareness
- the pursuit of good government
- environmental stewardship, beautification, and conservation
- properly funded public education and recreation
- public safety
- the pursuit of healthier lifestyles for all ages
- the revitalization of sustainable communities through the principles of smart growth, mixed-use development and green technologies.